Sign up for sessions at an event
Allows event attendees to sign up for sessions at an event then creates and emails a personalized itinerary.
Last updated: July, 2019
Quickly create an end to end conference registration system. Start with the conference event information listed in a Google Sheet, then use Apps Script to create a sign-up form. For each attendee, a personalized schedule in a Google Doc is emailed out and a conference calendar is created then populated with the specific sessions.
- Create a custom menu item in the spreadsheet UI using Apps Script Custom Menus.
- Use the onFormSubmit trigger to create and email the personalized schedule for each attendee when the user submits the form.
- Use MailApp to send emails.
- Create a copy of the sample Event Session spreadsheet
- Click on custom menu item Conference > Set up conference
- A dialog box will appear and tell you that the script requires authorization. Read the authorization notice and continue.
- You will see a new Form menu instead. Click it and select Go to live form.
- Fill out the form
- Check your email for your personalized itinerary and check your calendar for the week of May 13th, 2019 to see your registered sessions
To get started with Google Apps Script, try out the codelab which guides you through the creation of your first script.
You can also view the full source code of this solution on GitHub to learn more about how it was built.
Were you able to get the solution up and running?
If you have an idea for another solution you'd like to see featured in our gallery submit a request on the GitHub issue tracker.