The examples in the following pages show you how to construct HTTP requests to invoke the Fitness REST API:
To try these examples, you need to obtain an OAuth token first. Then you can submit the example requests without having to build an application by either:
Submit requests with the OAuth Playground
This process is described in Getting Started. The examples indicate the HTTP method to use and provide the request body.
Submit requests with curl
- Install curl if it is not installed on your machine.
- Obtain an OAuth token as described in Getting Started.
Fore more information about OAuth tokens and authorization, see Authorizing Requests.
To run each of the examples:
- Copy and paste the request body from the example into a plain text file.
- Copy the
curlcommand from the example and paste it into a terminal window.
- Edit the command to replace the OAuth token value and the name of the file that contains the request body.
- Run the resulting command on the terminal.
curl sends the HTTP request with the authorization header and shows the response on the terminal.