These tutorials are designed to help you start using Google Apps Scripts more quickly. Some of these tutorials focus on the basics, some provide an in-depth analysis of a complex script, while others address specific nuances of the Google Apps Script system itself.
Basics and working with Google Sheets
- Your First Script — This tutorial covers the basics of writing and executing a script, demonstrating how to create a Google Document and send an email.
- Your First Custom Function — This tutorial teaches you how to create custom spreadsheet functions which can be used as part of normal spreadsheet formulas.
- Sending Emails from a Spreadsheet — This tutorial shows how to use spreadsheet data to send emails to different people.
- Removing Duplicate Rows in a Spreadsheet — This tutorial shows how to remove duplicates when manipulating data in Apps Script.
Integration with other services
- Generating Google Slides from images — This tutorial demonstrates how to create slide presentations from a set of images using the Slides Service.
- Populate a Team Vacation Calendar — This sample shows how a domain user can automatically populate a team vacation calendar by scanning the calendars of domain users for specific keywords.
Workflows and end-to-end examples
- Creating a Tournament Bracket — This tutorial shows you how to use the Spreadsheet service to create Tournament Brackets similar to College Basketball's March Madness. You can use this tutorial to easily create your own brackets.
- Simple Mail Merge — This example shows how to leverage Google Forms and Sheets to deliver personalized emails to users.