These tutorials are designed to help you start using Google Apps Scripts more quickly. Some of these tutorials focus on the basics, some provide an in-depth analysis of a complex script, while others address specific nuances of the Google Apps Script system itself.
Basics and working with Google Sheets
- Your First Script - This tutorial covers the basics of writing and executing a script, demonstrating how to create a Google Document and send an email.
- Your First Custom Function - This tutorial teaches you how to create custom spreadsheet functions which can be used as part of normal spreadsheet formulas.
- Sending Emails from a Spreadsheet - This tutorial shows how to use spreadsheet data to send emails to different people.
- Removing Duplicate Rows in a Spreadsheet - This tutorial shows how to remove duplicates when manipulating data in Apps Script.
Integration with other services
- Creating a Google Site - This tutorial shows how to gather data from Gmail Contacts and Calendar to create a Google Site for our fictional soccer team.
- Using the Google AdSense Management API in a Spreadsheet - This tutorial shows how to integrate Google Sheets with the AdSense Management API to generate customized reports on the performances of an AdSense account.
- Getting to know the Maps Service - This tutorial demonstrates how to complete some common tasks using the Maps Service.
- Accessing Picasa Web Albums through Apps Script - This tutorial shows how to use Google Data APIs with UrlFetch and parse the returned XML using Picasa service as an example.
- Building a Charts Dashboard - This tutorial will demonstrate how to create a charts dashboard, with controls that allow you to instantly filter the data displayed in the charts.
- Populate a Team Vacation Calendar - This sample shows how a domain user can automatically populate a team vacation calendar by scanning the calendars of domain users for specific keywords.
Workflows and end-to-end examples
- Creating a Tournament Bracket - This tutorial shows you how to use the Spreadsheet service to create Tournament Brackets similar to College Basketball's March Madness. You can use this tutorial to easily create your own brackets.
- Simple Mail Merge - This example shows how to leverage Google Forms and Sheets to deliver personalized emails to users.
Older tutorials (no longer maintained)
- Interacting with your Docs List - This tutorial shows how to search for files within your Docs List as well as how to import from and export to a CSV file.
- Leveraging Google App Engine services from scripts - This tutorial guides you through the steps of creating your first Google Apps Script that communicates with a web service built on Google App Engine.
- Twitter Approval Manager - This tutorial shows you how to develop a tweet approval application that allows for tweets to be approved prior to posting. It demonstrates OAuth, MailApp, ScriptProperties, and UiApp.
- Schedule AdSense reports with Google Apps Script - This tutorial shows how to use Google Apps Script to build an application that creates AdSense reports in chart form and emails them to designated recipients.
- Using Ui Services - This video tutorial shows how to use Ui Services to create UI Applications using Apps Script.
- Using Debugger - This video tutorial demonstrates how to use Apps Script Debugger.
- Creating a Spreadsheet Driven Reading List using Google APIs - This tutorial show how to use Google APIs integration to create a synchronization function that will make Tasks items from your list of unread urls.
- Expense Report Approval - This tutorial guides you through the steps of creating a simple workflow application using Google Sheets and Forms.
- Automating a Help Desk Workflow - This tutorial shows you how to automate a simple help desk workflow using email, Google Sheets and Forms, Google Calendar, and Google Sites.
- Time Booking Application - This tutorial shows you how to develop a Time Booking application in Google Sites. By using Ui Services in Apps Script, you learn how to develop and embed Ui Applications in Sites. There are two parts to the tutorial.