These tutorials are designed to help you start using Google Apps Scripts more quickly. Some of these tutorials focus on the basics, some provide an in-depth analysis of a complex script, while others address specific nuances of the Google Apps Script system itself.
Basics and Custom Spreadsheet Functions
- Your First Script - This tutorial covers the basics of writing and executing a script, demonstrating how to create a Google Document and send an email.
- Your First Custom Function - This tutorial teaches you how to create custom spreadsheet functions which can be used as part of normal Spreadsheet formulas.
- Sending Emails from a Spreadsheet - This tutorial shows how to use Spreadsheet data to send emails to different people.
- Removing Duplicate Rows in a Spreadsheet - This tutorial shows how to remove duplicates when manipulating data in Apps Script.
Integration with Google Products and Third Party Services
- Leveraging Google App Engine services from scripts - This tutorial guides you through the steps of creating your first Google Apps Script that communicates with a web service built on Google App Engine.
- Parsing an XML Document - This tutorial shows you how to parse XML data from a web source.
- Twitter Approval Manager - This tutorial shows you how to develop a tweet approval application that allows for tweets to be approved prior to posting. It demonstrates OAuth, MailApp, ScriptProperties, and UiApp.
- Creating a Google Site - This tutorial shows how to gather data from Gmail Contacts and Calendar to create a Google Site for our fictional soccer team.
- Interacting with your Docs List - This tutorial shows how to search for files within your Docs List as well as how to import from and export to a CSV file.
- Using the Google AdSense Management API in a Spreadsheet - This tutorial shows how to integrate Google Spreadsheet with the AdSense Management API to generate customized reports on the performances of an AdSense account.
- Getting to know the Maps Service - This tutorial demonstrates how to complete some common tasks using the Maps Service.
- Schedule AdSense reports with Google Apps Script - This tutorial shows how to use Google Apps Script to build an application that creates AdSense reports in chart form and emails them to designated recipients.
- Accessing Picasa Web Albums through Apps Script - This tutorial shows how to use Google Data APIs with UrlFetch and parse the returned XML using Picasa service as an example.
- Update Spreadsheets with data from Google BigQuery - This tutorial shows how to run, display, and visualize query results from Google BigQuery using Google Spreadsheets.
- Defining Spreadsheet Menus - This tutorial guides you through the steps of defining custom menus in Google Spreadsheets that will enable users to launch Scripts.
- Using Ui Services - This video tutorial shows how to use Ui Services to create UI Applications using Apps Script.
- Building a Charts Dashboard - This tutorial will demonstrate how to create a charts dashboard, with controls that allow you to instantly filter the data displayed in the charts.
Workflows and End-to-End Examples
- Creating a Tournament Bracket - This tutorial shows you how to use the Spreadsheets service to create Tournament Brackets similar to College Basketball's March Madness. You can use this tutorial to easily create your own brackets.
- Using Debugger - This video tutorial demonstrates how to use Apps Script Debugger.
- Creating a Spreadsheet Driven Reading List using Google APIs - This tutorial show how to use Google APIs integration to create a synchronization function that will make Tasks items from your list of unread urls.
- Creating Gmail Inbox Statistics Reports - This tutorial demonstrates how to generate Gmail Inbox statistics report.
- Simple Mail Merge - This example shows how to leverage Google Forms and Spreadsheets to deliver personalized emails to users.
- Expense Report Approval - This tutorial guides you through the steps of creating a simple workflow application using Google Spreadsheets and Forms.
- Automating a Help Desk Workflow - This tutorial shows you how to automate a simple help desk workflow using email, Google Spreadsheets and Forms, Google Calendar, and Google Sites.
- Time Booking Application - This tutorial shows you how to develop a Time Booking application in Google Sites. By using Ui Services in Apps Script, you learn how to develop and embed Ui Applications in Sites. There are two parts to the tutorial.