Last modified: May 10, 2016
The Google Analytics API lets you incorporate Google Analytics functionality into your application or device. This page shows the icons and logos that you are allowed to use for adding Google Analytics-logoed branding to your application, device, or marketing materials for such applications or devices. It also explains rules and requirements for using Google Analytics logos.
You do not need special approval to use the Google Analytics API or to promote API functionality in your application. However, if you use the Google Analytics API to build an app that:
- Displays your Google Analytics data publicly, to non Google Analytics users.
- Displays Google Analytics data for accounts / properties / views you do not own.
- Is a commercial app that displays Google Analytics data.
You must include a Google Analytics logo and distinguish which data comes from Google Analytics. For example, if a page has 4 charts displaying Google Analytics data, you only need to include 1 logo for the page. In addition each logo must link back to the Google Analytics product page or directly into the Google Analytics product.
What logos or branding can I use?
You may use either the horizontal or vertical logo in your applications:
If your site's backgroud color is dark, use the following logos with white text:
You may resize the logos to an appropriate size for your application, but the horizontal logo that you display must be at least 154px by 50px, and the vertical logo that you display must be at least 132px by 100px. In addition, you cannot modify the colors of the logos provided and should present those logos on a single, solid background color that is complementary to the overall creative or surrounding.
When integrating the API into your app, you should feature the appropriate branding logo on any page where the Google Analytics API has a presence. The logo should appear next to the location where the API implementation appears on the page.
You may never use the Google Analytics logo in conjunction with the overall name or description of your application, product, or service. Similarly, you cannot use the word Google Analytics or any abbreviation, acronym, or variant, in the name of your application, product, or service.
For example, you cannot call your application "Google Analytics for Enterprises". However, you may make reference to the fact that your app is for Google Analytics or works with Google Analytics by stating "Great App for Google Analytics."
All Google Analytics logos used within an application must link back to Google Analytics, or link to a page with the URL in which users can get back to Google Analytics.
For public applications you can link to: //www.google.com/analytics
In addition the following rules apply:
- Google Analytics API users may only use the logos shown above. Use of these logos is governed by the Google APIs Terms of Service and the applicable Google Analytics terms (together referred to as the “Terms”).
- Never display a Google Analytics trademark on a site or app that violates the Terms.
- Ensure that there is sufficient contrast between the logo color(s) and the background color for the logo to be clearly visible.
- Do not change the logos in any way. Do not remove, obstruct, distort, or alter any element of a Google Analytics trademark.
- Make sure the logo is fully and clearly visible. It should never be altered or partially covered.
- Do not display the logo as the most prominent element on your web page.
- Do not use a logo in ways that (1) imply an association with or endorsement of any other product, service, event, sponsorship, or organization; or (2) suggest that you are representing the views or opinions of Google Analytics or Google Analytics personnel without prior written permission from Google Analytics.
- Do not adopt marks, logos, slogans, or designs that are confusingly similar to the Google Analytics trademarks or that imitate Google Analytics’ trade dress, including the look and feel of Google Analytics web design properties, Google Analytics brand packaging, distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Google Analytics.
- Do not register the Google Analytics trademarks as second-level domain names or incorporate Google Analytics trademarks into your own names for products, services, features or companies. Similarly, do not incorporate Google Analytics trademarks into your own trademarks or logos.
- Never display a Google Analytics trademark in a manner that is misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Google Analytics.
- Never display a Google Analytics trademark on any web site or user interface that contains or displays adult content, promotes gambling, promotes violence, contains hate speech, involves the sale of tobacco or alcohol to persons under twenty-one years of age, violates other applicable laws or regulations or is otherwise objectionable.
Your use of these logos is governed by the Terms, so if that use violates branding requirements in these Terms, we may request that you modify your app or usage or that you cease to use the logos. In addition, remember that these guidelines supplement the rules in the Terms. Your application must comply with these branding guidelines and with the broader set of rules set forth in the Terms.