Millions of people search for vehicles on Google every day. You can surface your vehicle inventory to these potential customers directly on Google.
Vehicle listings appear on Google Search when buyers search for vehicles for sale nearby.
Before you begin
You need a Google Account to sign up for vehicle listings. All Gmail accounts are also Google Accounts, or you can link an existing email address to a Google Account. If you don't have a Google Account, follow the instructions at Create your Google Account.
If you use a Google Workspace (GSuite) account, contact your domain admin to make sure the Partner Dash service is enabled for all users within your Google Workspace domain. For more details, see Turn a service on or off for Google Workspace users.
Set up vehicle listings
After you have access to the vehicle listings partner portal, you can begin to share your data with Google. Finish the steps on this page to start showing vehicles for sale on Google.
Prepare and upload your feed
A feed is a file that contains a list of vehicles that you want to show on Google. We support feeds in the CSV format. To format your inventory information for the vehicle listings service, use the feed specification and refer to our example feed. Be sure to include the following details so that we can accurately match vehicles with car dealerships on Google:
- Store code (required)
- For details, see Dealership matching.
- Dealership name and postal address (required)
- Google Place ID, Google Maps URL, or both (strongly recommended)
- These uniquely identify the dealership's Business Profile on Google and avoid any ambiguity when we match the name and postal address.
Recommendation: Start with a few test vehicles and use the validation tool to quickly validate your CSV file's feed format. You can later scale to include all of your inventory on Google.
Review your inventory
After you submit the inventory feed, you can review the results of processing. The Feed page on the partner portal shows the status of each feed upload. This only checks for basic file and data issues. To see all issues, go to the Diagnostics page.
After a feed successfully uploads, the inventory takes a few hours to fully process. When processing completes, a status is assigned to the dealerships and vehicles, which is shown on the Diagnostics page. The status lets you know whether your content is eligible to appear on Google. You can review the number of dealerships and vehicles found in your feed, as well as see a list of detected issues to understand how many vehicles in your feed these issues affect. As you review the status of your feed, keep the following in mind:
- If your feed has error issues, then your vehicles won't appear on Google. Resolve all errors as soon as possible so that your vehicles become eligible to appear in results again.
- Other types of issues can cause vehicles to show up less frequently. To prevent future errors, resolve any issues that arise.
Launch the integration
When you're ready to show your vehicles on Google, navigate to the Account page and enable the vehicle listings integration.
Make sure that you follow the vehicle listings guidelines:
- Only upload vehicles that are available for sale.
- Adhere to the relevant policies and
- Only include non-commercial passenger vehicles such as cars and pickup trucks. Don't include motorcycles, RVs, boats, or similar.
- If vehicles aren't located at the dealership, mark the vehicles as
- Upload high-quality images without watermarks, promotional content, or other branding information.
- Make sure that the data meets all of the requirements in the feed specification.