This page lists the major changes in each release of Google Pay API. The release notes are ordered and identified by date, and they include descriptions of the changes.
- Added Brazil debit and credit combo card support. See Card parameters object reference for more details.
- Added NCCC, eCard, and BlueGate (NTTData) to the list of participating processors. Updated the URL for Worldpay.
- Revamped the "Reference" tab to improve user experience.
- Added PayAnyWay, Paragon Payment Solutions, and Paylane to the list of participating processors.
- Added new images to the UX best practices guide.
- Added instructions to customize your API integration for SCA compliance.
- Added Cathay United Bank, Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech), LogPay, Nuvei, Payler, Paymetric, and RBS to the list of participating processors.
- Added new, optional steps to the Web tutorial for authorized payments and dynamic price updates.
- Added Dynamic Price Updates for web integrations to support shipping address and shipping option changes for purchases. Dynamic Price Updates is coming soon for Android.
- Added PayPal as a supported payment method. For more details, see object reference.
- Added Computop, MyCheck, Sipay, TPay.com, and Wirecard to the list of supported gateways.
- Added iQmetrix, Portmone, and Vindicia to the list of supported gateways.
- Added a section called Test
with sample tokens that provides information about encryption and sample payloads
returned when a
DIRECTintegration is performed.
- Added Frequently asked questions about Google Pay online.
- Added Gestpay, iPay88, Multicarta, Square, and WayForPay to the list of supported gateways.
- Added Assist, GMO Payment Gateway, and Moneris to the list of supported gateways.
Added localized content in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Chinese (Traditional)
JSON Object Reference:
PaymentMethodTokenizationSpecificationnow includes examples for supported payment processors: Alfa-Bank, Blue Media, BlueSnap, Chase Merchant Services (formerly Chase Paymentech), CloudPayments, GoPay, HiTrust, Lyra, Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS), Money.Mail.Ru, Newebpay
- Added Arabic to the "Buy with Google Pay" resource for button asset localization.
- Launched ECv2 for
DIRECTintegrations. ECv2 is an updated cryptography protocol that allows merchants to store a static, long living, Google signing key that only needs to be updated every 10 years.
- Updated the Tink library to support ECv2 payloads as of version 1.1.0. See the Tink release notes for more information.
- Updated the Web Brand guidelines. Developers can no longer download and use the Google Pay logo, and must now only use the Google Pay mark.
- Added NMI to the list of supported gateways.
- Added instructions for
- Released a new version of Google Pay API, APIv2.