Before you can use an add-on, you must install it. This page describes how to see add-ons you have installed, install new ones, and uninstall add-ons you no longer need.
View your installed editor add-ons
For editor add-ons, you can see the add-ons you have installed for a given editor using these steps:
- Open the associated editor (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms). The next
step depends on what editor you are using:
- For Google Docs, Sheets or Slides, select Add-ons > Manage add-ons... to open a dialog that lists all the add-ons you have installed for that editor.
- For Google Forms, click the icon and then select Add-ons.... This opens a dialog showing Forms add-ons you can install from the Chrome Web Store. Add-on you have already installed have a green corner banner with a checkmark. Hovering the cursor over add-on listings in this dialog displays a blue + FREE button for add-ons you haven't installed, or a green MANAGE button for add-ons you have installed.
Installing published editor add-ons
You can examine available editor add-ons and install new ones by doing the following:
- Open the associated editor (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms) in a
browser tab to an existing or new file. The next step depends on what
editor you are using.
- For Google Docs, Sheets or Slides, select Add-ons > Get add-ons... to open a dialog that lists available add-ons.
- For Google Forms, click the icon and then select Add-ons.... This opens a dialog that lists available Forms add-ons.
- Scroll through the list (or use the search bar) to find an add-on you want to install. You can use the drop-down menu in the upper-left to filter the list of add-ons to specific categories.
- When you have found an add-on you want to install, click it to bring up its full store listing. Click the + FREE button to install the add-on.
- Installing the add-on immediately brings up another dialog that allows you to authorize the add-on.
Uninstalling editor add-ons
You can uninstall an editor add-on through the same dialog you used to view your installed add-ons:
- Follow the above steps to view your installed add-ons.
- Find the add-on you wish to uninstall and click it.
- In its store listing, click the green MANAGE button to bring up a short context menu.
- Select Remove from the context menu to uninstall the add-on.
You can re-install any removed add-on later by following the above installation instructions.
Administrating add-on use for a domain
Domain administrators can install, authorize, control, and remove editor add-ons for users in their domain if the add-on has been published in the G Suite Marketplace for this purpose, or if the add-on was bundled with a G Suite Marketplace app. In either case, the add-on has an associated G Suite Marketplace store listing and is treated as any other G Suite Marketplace app.
The following help center articles explain how to administer add-on use in a domain: