We use a mixture of different platforms to provide support to developers, so review the options below to determine the best way to get help.
Help with AMP and AMP for Email
If you have questions or need support with AMP itself, please refer to the AMP support page which presents a number of places where you can find help.
When asking questions about AMP for Email on StackOverflow, use the amp-email tag.
AMP for Email Working Group
The Working Group responsible for the AMP for Email specification is wg-amp4email. You can reach out to the Working Group via the following channels:
Reach out to the Working Group if you have questions, issues, or feature requests related to the AMP for Email specification. This includes requests to support new AMP components.
Issues with AMP specific to Gmail
If you believe you have found a bug that is specific to using AMP for Email in the Gmail context, do the following:
- Attempt to isolate the problem as much as possible so that we can determine what code or actions are triggering it.
- Search our Issue Tracker to see if the bug has already been reported. If it has, you can star the issue (click the star next to the issue number) — we prioritize bugs that receive more stars. You can also add comments to existing issues, but you only do this if you are adding additional context or information about the problem.
If the issue is completely new, you can report it on our Issue Tracker as well. If you do, please ensure you include the following information in your bug description:
- A description of the problem, and the behavior you expected instead.
- A list of steps and a small snippet of sample code that can be used to reproduce the problem.
- A description of the output you expect and what actually occurred. Include anyberror messages you receive.
If you have a need for a new feature, first submit a request to the AMP for Email Working Group. This ensures other users and providers of AMP for Email can review and comment on it.
If you have a request for a new feature that is specific to using AMP for Email in the Gmail context, do the following:
- Search our Issue Tracker to determine if others have requested it. If it has already been requested, please star the issue (click the star next to the issue number) — we prioritize bugs that receive more stars. You can also add comments to existing issues, but you should only do this if you are adding additional context or information about the request.
- If the feature hasn't been requested yet, you can file a feature request on our Issue Tracker. Please describe the specific functionality you would like to see added, as well as reasons you think it's important. If possible, include specific details about your use case and the new opportunities the feature enables, as well as why this feature request is specific to Gmail.