- Authorizing an application and authenticating user requests
- Using the embeddable file picker and sharing widgets
- Opening files with the Drive interface
- Uploading and downloading files using CORS
- Creating a Chrome Web Store listing and associating an application with a MIME type
Each of the Google Drive platform-specific examples reflects a single
sample app: a text editor capable of
editing Google Drive files with the MIME type
The web version
implements two fundamental Google Drive use cases:
The flow for both use cases is similar. Google Drive redirects a user to the app after the user selects it from the Create menu or context menu of a file with a registered MIME type.
The source for the example is available on GitHub.