- Migration Guide: Moving from v2.3 APIs to v2.4 & v3.0
This article provides a set of guidelines to migrate from v2.3 to v2.4 of the Management and/or Core Reporting API. It also includes considerations for moving to v3.0.
Web Tracking (ga.js) Articles
- Troubleshooting the Tracking Code
This article covers how you can use troubleshooting tools to help identify and correct basic issues with the Google Analytics tracking code.
Reporting API Articles
- Hello Analytics API Tutorial
This tutorial explains how to authorize users, create a service object, and query the Google Analytics APIs. Use this tutorial if you are brand new to the Management and Core reporting APIs.
- Automating reporting using Google Apps Script
This tutorial describes how to access the Management and Core Reporting APIs inside a Google Spreadsheet using Apps Script.
- Google Analytics Easy Dashboard Library
This library provides an easy way to build a custom dashboard on your own page. It does all the heavy lifting of handling authorization, issuing API queries, and transforming the results into pretty visualizations.
- Common Queries
This article lists several of the most common queries to the Core Reporting API
- Retrieving Time Series Data For Individual Dimensions - Part 1
This article explains how you can save time by automating the process of exporting times series data for individual dimensions using the Data Export API.
- Retrieving Time Series Data For Individual Dimensions - Part 2
This article builds on part one of the series, and describes how to use filter expressions to dramatically reduce the amount of quota required to retrieve time series data for individual dimensions.
- Filling In Missing Values In Date Requests August 2010
If you want to request data displayed over a time series, you will find that there might be missing dates in your series requests. When requesting multiple dimensions, the Data Export API only returns entries for dates that have collected data. This can lead to missing dates in a time series, but this article describes how to fill in these missing dates.
- Outputting Data from the Data Export API to CSV Format August 2010
If you use Google Analytics, chances are that your data eventually makes its way into a spreadsheet. This article shows you how to automate all the manual work by printing data from the Data Export API in CSV, the most ubiquitious file format for table data.
- Visualizing Google Analytics Data with Google Chart Tools August 2010
- Google Analytics on App Engine in Java October 2009
This article describes how to make Authenticated Google Data API requests using the App Engine Java SDK. The example in this article supports AuthSub and OAuth, uses the Model-View-Controller pattern, and serves as a model that you can use to build your own applications. Try the live example here.