This document describes the limits and quotas of requesting the Management APIs and Reporting APIs.
Google Analytics is used by millions of sites. We put limits and quotas on API requests to protect the system from receiving more data than it can handle, and to ensure an equitable distribution of the system resources. The limits and quotas are subject to change.
This video discusses the best practices for managing Google Analytics API request quotas.
General quota limits
- 50,000 requests per project per day, which can be increased.
- 10 queries per second (QPS) per IP address.
- In the API Console, there is a similar quota referred to as Requests per 100 seconds per user. By default, it is set to 100 requests per 100 seconds per user and can be adjusted to a maximum value of 1,000. But the number of requests to the API is restricted to a maximum of 10 requests per second per user.
- If your application makes all API requests from a single IP address
(i.e., on behalf of your users), use the
quotaUserparameter with each request to get full QPS quota for each user. See the standard query parameters summary for details.
Exceeding quota limits
If the quota of requesting a Google Analytics API is exceeded, the API
returns an error code
429 and a message that the account has exceeded
the quota. See the terms of service for more information.
Requesting additional quota
You can only request to increase:
- The number of daily read requests per project (50,000 default)
- The number of daily write requests per project (500 default)
To view or change usage limits for your project, or to request an increase to your quota, do the following:
- If you don't already have a billing account for your project, then create one.
- Visit the Enabled APIs page of the API library in the API Console, and select an API from the list.
- To view and change quota-related settings, select Quotas. To view usage statistics, select Usage.
To request an increase of the maximum quota amount, please use the Analytics API quota request form. Make sure to review the information and follow the instructions in the quota request form before submitting the request. For Reporting API v4, the API name in Google API Console is Google Analytics Reporting API. All other v3 APIs (e.g., Management API v3, Core Reporting API v3, Real Time Reporting API v3) are listed under Analytics API in Google API Console.
For more information on quota management and how to fine-tune your application for quota usage, see Monitoring APIs and capping usage.