This document provides a high level overview of the Google Analytics Provisioning API.
The Provisioning API can be used to create new Google Analytics accounts and enable Google Analytics for your customers at scale. It is intended for qualified service providers and large partners.
For example, you could use the Provisioning API as part of a new user onboarding process to create a new Google Analytics account for a client and then use additional Management API resources to programmatically configure the account and link it to AdWords. This can all be automated and initiated from within your own admin or reporting interface.
The Provisioning API allows service providers to programmatically create new Google Analytics accounts.
The requirements and high-level steps to create a new account using the Provisioning API are:
- End users must have a Google Account or will have to create one during the Google Analytics provisioning flow.
- The Google Analytics provisioning flow consists of 2-steps:
- End user grants your application permissions to provision an account on their behalf.
- End user accepts the Google Analytics Terms of Service (TOS) and data sharing settings policy.
- The account is created on behalf of the end user.
The newly created account can then be managed and accessed by your application.
Learn about the complete provisioning flow in the Provisioning API Dev Guide.
The Provisioning API is available by invitation only. We are not currently accepting any new projects.