Add-ons are customized applications that integrate with Google Workspace productivity applications.
To build an add-on in the coding language of your choice, see Use a different coding language.
Add new capabilities to Google Workspace
Add-ons can help automate tasks or make third-party services or information available in Google Workspace. With add-ons, you can do the following:
- Create customized user interfaces that are directly integrated into Google Workspace applications. These interfaces can display information to the user and provide user controls.
- Boost workflow efficiency when working with Google Workspace by automating or streamlining tasks.
- Easily control and move data between Google applications.
- Remove the need for browser switching by providing the user everything they need within Google Workspace.
- Connect to non-Google services within Google Workspace applications, allowing you to retrieve or upload data from those services into and from Google Workspace.
Types of add-ons
There are two types of add-ons you can build: Google Workspace Add-ons and Editor Add-ons. For more information about each, see Add-on types.
Try a quickstart
In just a few minutes, you can create one of these simple add-ons: