This page details terminology used throughout this documentation.
- Citizens Broadband Radio Service Device (CBSD): A physical device that can transmit in the CBRS band after it receives authorization from a SAS. Examples include a cell phone base station or an eNodeB.
- CBSD grant status: Grants have one of the following states: granted, authorized, suspended, or terminated.
- CBSD ID: The unique identifier for a CBSD. It's composed of the CBSD’s FCC ID and serial number.
- Spectrum Access System (SAS): A cloud service that controls the operating parameters of CBSDs to ensure the protection of higher-priority users.
- Certified Professional Installer (CPI): The person who validates the installation parameters of certain types of CBSDs and provides them to a SAS. The SAS validates this person's CPI identity and certification before they're allowed to provide CBSD installation parameters.
- Customer account (Customer): The resource under which all other resources are created for a SAS customer. A SAS customer is a company that has a direct commercial contract with Google for SAS services.
- User ID: The unique identifier for the owner/operator of a CBSD.
- FCC ID: The FCC identifier associated with a CBSD, which indicates that it has been certified by the FCC.
- Serial number: A unique identifier assigned to a particular CBSD by the manufacturer.