Congratulations on passing Google Summer of Code!
This is a great achievement and you should be very proud of everything you've accomplished over the last 3+ months.
Your journey doesn't have to end here!
Update your resume to include your work as a Google Summer of Code student.
- Remember to say Google Summer of Code <year> participant with <org name>. You were not a Google employee or intern, and must not claim to be. Do not say so on your resume. A correct example: Google Summer of Code 2017 participant with Apache
- Be sure to spell out Google Summer of Code, don't put GSoC - not everyone knows what GSoC is!
- If you have been a student multiple times indicate that on your resume too.
Keep working on your project. You worked hard all summer! Don't abandon your project just because GSoC is over! One way to make sure that your project stays alive is by maintaining it and adding new features. If there's anything in (or not in) your code that's keeping you awake at night, you can always work on that after the coding period ends.
- Attend a Meetup or Conference. A lot of organizations host opportunities to meet face-to-face throughout the year - attend if there's one happening close by. No events nearby? Organize your own! You spent 4 months working with this open source community, now help others get excited too.
- Tell others about GSoC (and Google Code-in for 13-17 year olds)! We have slide decks available on the program websites that you can use.
- Be a mentor and help others! Mentors who are former GSoC students are often some of the most enthusiastic and dedicated.
- Stay in touch with your mentors and the community. When applying for any job it is a good idea to have a recommendation letter, and having one from a mentor who worked with you on a project who can attest to your skills can be an asset.
- Want to apply for a role at Google? If you are ready to apply for an internship at Google, or once you graduate and wish to apply for a full time role at Google, we will provide you with a one time referral for up to 3 roles.