End-to-end testing happens in two stages:
- Sandbox Testing: Both you and Google run through a series of test cases with the sandbox frontend, which is accessed under Inventory Details > List of Enabled Merchants in the Partner Portal.
- Production Testing: Google runs through a series of test cases before launch on the Production instance. Production testing is limited to Google internal users. Real bookings are made in this stage, so be sure to shortlist a few merchants to use. Let your Google contact know when to schedule the bookings, which is usually at least one week out.
During end-to-end testing, it's important to monitor the daily feed uploads, as well as the error rates, for the booking server and real-time updates on the Partner Portal.
The following end-to-end test cases are performed as part of both sandbox and production testing:
- Make a booking through Reserve with Google and confirm the booking shows up correctly in your system.
- Check that the confirmation emails are sent out and that the time and booking listed are correct.
- Cancel the booking through Reserve with Google and confirm that it's canceled correctly in your system.
- Book another appointment through Reserve with Google and trigger the cancellation from your system with the Booking Notification API.
- Remove a particular slot from your system, and check to see if it's removed properly on Reserve with Google through real-time updates. Note: Delays should take less than five minutes.
- Modify a booking and confirm the modified booking shows up correctly in your system.
- Click on various slots to ensure there are no
To prepare for launch, fill out the launch readiness questionnaire. Submission of this form tells Google that you're ready to launch.
In preparation for launch, review the following final checklist:
- The feed uploads occur daily.
- The booking server failure rates are less than 5%.
- The real-time updates failure rates are less than 5%.
- Users' data is transmitted securely.
- There are no third-party booking requests from your backend.
Once these steps are complete, reach out to your Reserve with Google representative to schedule your launch date.