Geoscience Australia provides Earth observation services, expert advice, and information for decision makers. Program objectives are:
- ensure continuity of access to remotely sensed information in support of government priorities.
- promote use and value of satellite imagery within government, industry and the wider community.
- advance remote sensing science through extracting value and use of EOS to its full potential
- provide data stewardship to ensure access to data, and
- provide national imagery coordination for disasters and emergencies.
Planet provides daily satellite data that helps businesses, governments, researchers, and journalists understand the physical world and take action. Through Norway’s International Climate & Forests Initiative (NICFI), users can now access Planet’s high-resolution, analysis-ready mosaics of the world’s tropics in order to help reduce and reverse the loss of tropical forests, combat climate change, conserve biodiversity, and facilitate sustainable development for non commercial uses.