This document provides answers to some frequently asked questions.
- What information is in the filename?
- Each file name will have a string of numbers, for example:
YYYYMMDDHHformat. This is the UTC hour for events in that file (hours are numbered 0 to 23).
YYYYMMDD_HHMMSSformat. This is the time the report was generated in local account time (DCM and unified) or EST (DBM only).
218211994is the file ID.
- How do I know when all files are delivered?
- For each day there are:
- 24 click files (hours 0-23).
- 24 impression files (hours 0-23).
- 1 activity file.
- 21 match tables.
- What if I encounter duplicate files for the same date and hour?
- This can happen. When more than one file has the same date/hour stamp, use the one with the latest minutes / seconds, based on the filename timestamp.
- I think some of my data is incorrect, what can I do?
- Contact your DoubleClick support representative with information about the problem. If data seems to be missing, provide details about which hours are missing, and files that aren’t accounted for.
- How do I find out what's been deprecated in v2, or moved to match tables?
- See the migration guide for information on mapping from v1 to v2.