You should first review the Publishing overview to understand the different publishing options as well as their differences in benefits and required level of commitment. This will help you to choose the right publishing option for your connector.
If you want to publish your connector as a Partner Connector, you must meet the following requirements before requesting a review.
- Enable link sharing for the Apps Script project to provide read access.
- Create a deployment named
Productionand update the
Productiondeployment to contain the version of code you want to publish.
- If you have updated your code since creating the
Productiondeployment, ensure that the desired version of the code is provided under that deployment before you submit your connector.
You must include the following in your connector's manifest. View manifest reference for more information about each property in manifest.
description, make sure you provide all info/instructions necessary to have a basic understanding of the connector and how to use it.
supportUrlshould be a hosted page where users can go to get support for your connector.
- You should populate the
sourcesproperty with all the sources your connector connects to. See Sources in Manifest reference for details.
- You can view the existing list of sources at our Data Registry Repository. If the source you are connecting to does not exist in the repository, send a pull request to the Data Registry Repository to add the source. Your connector will fail the review process if the sources in your manifest do not exist in the repository.
- This is additional metadata for the connector that will be indexed for search feature in the gallery. You connector will show up in the search results when users search for a specific data source in the gallery.
- The gallery will let users discover connectors by data sources by providing a Connectors by Data Source interface.
- You should limit the number of endpoints called by
UrlFetchAppin your connector to those absolutely required for connector functionality. Add the
urlFetchWhitelistproperty to the root level of your manifest. View the urlFetchWhitelist reference for more info.
- This property should contain all URLs your connector connects to using
- If your connector does not execute a
UrlFetchAppcall then set the property value to an empty list
- If your connector does not connect to a fixed domain or the endpoint
prefix varies, omit the
urlFetchWhitelistproperty in the manifest.
- This property should contain all URLs your connector connects to using the
- Manifest should contain values for
Template and report
- If you connector has a fixed schema, create a report template for your connector and add it to the manifest.
- Create at least one demo report using your connector and submit the report
to Data Studio gallery. This report can be a replica of
your template report or a separate report that displays even broader
functionalities of your connector.
- Adding the demo reports makes your connector eligible for promotional opportunities (getting featured, mentions in newsletters and blog posts, case studies etc).
- If the user needs an account to use the connector, make sure the connector
addonUrllink provides instructions to help the user create one.
- Your connector cannot be in unfinished or beta status. You have to publish a complete and functional connector. You can always update your connector but the production deployment that is released to users should be tested and feature complete.
- Provide meaningful and actionable error messages to users when users encounter a Connector internal error. This includes cases when a user provides invalid/blank input at configuration.
- You connector's
supportUrllink, and OAuth page (if applicable) should be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- If your connector uses sensitive scopes (E.g. Drive, Calendar, etc.), the Google OAuth 2.0 flow will show the unverified app screen. If your connector shows this screen, complete the OAuth Client Verification process. Your connector will not be published if the OAuth Client Verification process is not completed.
- Ensure you adhere to the Data Studio Galleries Terms of Service (Submitter).
Once you have met all the requirements, click the following button to request a review for your connector: