Last Modified: 05/06/2022
To participate in the Program (as defined below), you must accept (1) the Google Terms of Service, which is available at https://policies.google.com/terms, and (2) these Google Developer Certification Additional Terms of Service (the “Developer Certification Additional Terms”). Please read each of these documents carefully. Together, these documents are known as the “Terms” which will apply for the duration of your participation in the Program. They establish what you can expect from us as you participate in the Program, and what we expect from you. If these Developer Certification Additional Terms conflict with the Google Terms of Service, these Developer Certification Additional Terms will govern for the Program.
As used in the Terms:
- “I”, “me,” “my”, “myself”, “you,” “your” or “Certification holder” means the individual pursuing (or granted) Certification; “Google” means the Google entity specified in the Google Terms of Service.
- “Certification” means any in the set of certifications offered by the Google Developer Certification team.
- “Exam” means the performance-based assessment used to determine a Certification candidate’s skill level.
- “Exit Interview” means the set of questions asked of the Certification candidate following a qualifying Exam attempt.
- “Certification Process” means the combination of the Exam and the Exit Interview, and any other requirements set forth by Google for any Certification.
- “Google Certified” means an individual who has successfully met the requirements for any Certification as set forth in the following Terms.
- “Program” means the program covering any Certification offered by the Google Developer Certification team for which you are attempting to qualify. It includes all related Exams, Exit Interviews, alumni programs, surveys, and Terms.
I am attempting to qualify for a Certification, and affirm that I have met the eligibility requirements for certification.
I understand and agree to the following:
I will adhere to the “Certification Code of Ethics,” defined as follows:
- I agree to comply with all Certification Program instructions, policies, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- I will provide truthful information about my identity, documentation and demographics and in response to any Google request related to the Program.
- I agree not to share or compromise any Program content, questions, or answers related to my Certification attempt(s).
- I will take the Exam and the Exit Interview by myself, with no assistance from another person.
- I understand that submitting any file that contains any code or data written by anyone else will be considered plagiarism.
- I will report anyone who steals, shares, colludes or otherwise compromises Certification Program content.
- I pledge to uphold the highest standards of professional conduct related to my Certification attempt(s).
I will not circumvent the exam retake policy by registering under a different name, email address, or any other means.
Failure to adhere to the Certification Code of Ethics may result in the following, at Google’s sole discretion: (i) if not yet Google Certified, (A) abandonment and cancellation of any pending Certification attempts, and (B) dismissal from the Program; or (ii) if already Google Certified, (A) abrogation and cancellation of any valid Certifications, and (B) dismissal from the Program.
Google may ask me to provide voluntary feedback about the Program. Google retains title, ownership and all rights to my feedback and submissions, the Program and all related content and information, and anything else that Google makes available to me. The Program, all related content, and any information shared with me by Google are Google’s confidential information. Information that I rightfully knew before receiving it from Google, information that was lawfully disclosed to me by a third party, and public information are not confidential information under these Terms. I will immediately tell Google if I am legally required to disclose Google’s confidential information. I will keep all of Google’s confidential information secret and use it only to participate in the Program.
If I participate in an Exit Interview, Google and/or its subcontractor(s) will record and store my video responses to the Exit Interview questions, which Google will only use for purposes of the Program. I hereby consent and grant Google and its subcontractor(s) the right to record my Exit Interview, including, but not limited to, my name, likeness, voice, and statements (collectively, my “Likeness”), for purposes of the Program. All such recordings are owned by Google. I hereby grant Google and its subcontractor(s) a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to any copyrights, rights of publicity, and any other legal rights necessary in order for them to use my Likeness for purposes of the Program. I warrant that I have the authority and all rights necessary to grant this license and permission on behalf of myself and my employer (if applicable, to the extent that my employer’s permission, acknowledgment, or consent is required). I acknowledge and agree that I will not be compensated (nor will my employer, if applicable) for use of my Likeness. I also waive (and with respect to my employer, if applicable) any moral rights that I might have in my Likeness.
Participating in the Program and/or obtaining this Certification are neither endorsements of my employability nor guarantees of my future work or performance. I do not have a partnership, employer/employee, agency, or joint venture relationship with Google by participating in the Program. By participating in the Program, I will not be entitled to any compensation, options, stock or other rights or benefits accorded to Google employees, and I waive any right to them and promise never to claim them.
Google complies with the U.S. government's list of embargoed countries. The current embargoed country list includes Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and Crimea. Google may ask me to provide approved identification showing residence in a non-embargoed country, and if I am unable to present approved identification showing residence in a non-embargoed country, I will not be permitted to participate in the Program.
Google reserves the right to modify the Certification Process and these Terms from time to time. Google will notify me of any material change to the Certification Process or to these Terms, which will become effective 30 days after such notice. If I do not agree to such changes, within 30 days of being notified of such changes, I will provide Google with written notice to terminate my participation in the Program. I may terminate my participation in the Program at any time upon written notice to Google. Upon written notice to me, Google may terminate my participation in the Program at any time without liability to me if I, in Google’s sole discretion, fail to adhere to the Certification Code of Ethics described in Section 1 of these Terms. Upon any termination, I will cease all use of the Program.
If awarded a Certification, I understand and agree to the following:
- Google may include me in a public directory listing and/or a social community of Google Developer Certification holders.
- In order to maintain my Certification status for each Certification that
I hold, I will need to recertify periodically starting from the applicable
Certification date, and Google has no obligation to remind me of such a
recertification deadline. Future Exams will reflect then-current development
standards and practices, and I am solely responsible for staying educated
and informed on relevant advancements in order to pass an Exam.
- For the Google Play Academy Certification, I will need to recertify once every one (1) year starting from the applicable Certification date.
- For all other Certifications, I will need to recertify once every three (3) years starting from the applicable Certification date.
- I may be asked to participate in events, surveys, and user research opportunities.