Get started with targeting your ARCore Unity apps to iOS.
ARCore 1.2 includes iOS build support and cloud anchor capabilities, letting you create AR apps that iOS and Android users can experience together.
This guide shows you:
- Hardware and software requirements for targeting iOS
- How to set up your development environment
- How to build and launch your own ARCore Unity iOS app
To build and try out the iOS cloud anchor sample app included in the ARCore SDK for Unity, see the Quickstart for Cloud Anchors in Unity for iOS.
An ARKit-compatible iPhone running iOS version 11 or later:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
Note: ARCore 1.2 does not support targeting iPads.
A USB cable to connect your phone to your development machine
ARCore SDK for Unity version 1.2.0 or later
Unity, with the iOS Build Support component selected during installation:
- Recommended version: LTS release 2017.4 or later
- Minimum version: 2017.3.0f3
Unity ARKit Plugin version 1.5 or later
- Xcode version 9.3 or later
Get the ARCore SDK for Unity
- Download the latest
arcore-unity-sdk-v*.unitypackagefrom the releases page.
Create a new project and import the SDK
Open Unity and create a new 3D project.
Select Assets > Import Package > Custom Package.
arcore-unity-sdk-v*.unitypackagefile that you downloaded.
In the Importing Package dialog, make sure that all package options are selected and click Import.
Accept any API upgrades if prompted.
Include the ARKit SDK for Unity
- Download the latest Unity ARkit plugin from Unity's repository.
- Add the 'UnityARKitPlugin' folder into the 'Assets' folder of your project.
Configure build and platform settings
- Select File > Build Settings.
- Select iOS and click Switch Platform.
- In the Build Settings window, click Player Settings.
- In the Inspector window, open the Other Settings menu.
- Configure the following settings:
Setting Value Player Settings > Other Settings > Bundle Identifier Add your app's name in a reverse DNS format.
For example, use
Player Settings > Other Settings > Camera usage description Enter a description to explain your use of AR. Player Settings > Other Settings > Target minimum iOS version 11.0 or higher Player Settings > Other Settings > Architecture
Build and launch the app
Your development environment is now configured for targeting iOS with the ARCore SDK for Unity.
To build and try out the iOS sample included in the ARCore SDK for Unity, see the Quickstart for Cloud Anchors in Unity for iOS.
You can use the following steps for building and launching your own ARCore apps targeting iOS.
Build for iOS
In Unity, click Build and select an output folder for your iOS Xcode project. An Xcode project is generated.
Locate and open the generated
*.xcworkspaceworkspace file in Xcode.
To avoid build errors, do not build or launch from the included
In Xcode, select the
Unity-iPhoneproject in the left pane, connect your phone, and launch your app.