To deploy a new version of your add-on’s code, follow the steps below.
- Make the changes to your code.
- Test the add-on using a head deployment.
When you’re ready to publish, create a new version for your add-on deployment. From the Apps Script project, take the following steps:
- At the top, click Deploy > Manage deployments.
- Select the active deployment to create a new version for and click Edit .
- In the Version section, select New version.
- Click Deploy.
If you make changes that add scopes in your add-on's manifest, perform the following steps:
- Update the scopes listed in the Google Workspace Marketplace SDK and the OAuth consent screen to match the scopes listed in the manifest.
- Submit a new request for OAuth verification from your OAuth consent screen. If you don’t reverify your app before publishing the new version, a "This app isn't verified," warning is displayed to your users.
If you’re updating an Editor Add-on, update the version number on the App Configuration page of the Google Workspace Marketplace SDK.
Click Save. Your new version is published.
Your users don't need to reinstall the add-on, but if you added additional scopes, they need to authorize the new scopes.
To learn more about creating and managing versions see Versions.