Set up Google Sign-In for Google+
To allow users to sign in, integrate Google Sign-In into your website. When you set up Google Sign-In for your site, also do the following:
When you configure the sign-in button, request the following scopes:
If you create a sign-in button with your own assets, keep in mind the branding guidelines. In particular, when you request social scopes, you should use a red sign-in button with the Google+ logo.
Enable the Google+ API
Enable the Google+ API by following these steps:
- Go to the Google API Console .
From the project drop-down, select an existing
or create a new one by selecting Create a new project.
Note: Use a single project to hold all platform instances of your app (Android, iOS, web, etc.), each with a different Client ID.
Enable the Google+ API service:
- In the list of Google APIs, search for the Google+ API service.
- Select Google+ API from the results list.
- Press the Enable API button. Wait for the API to be enabled.
In the sidebar under "APIs & Services", select Credentials, then select
the OAuth consent screen tab.
- Choose an Email Address, specify a Product Name, and press Save.
- In the Credentials tab, select the New credentials drop-down list, and choose OAuth client ID.
Under Application type, select Web application.
Register the origins from which your app is allowed to access the Google APIs, as follows. An origin is a unique combination of protocol, hostname, and port.
for your app. You can enter multiple origins to allow for your app to run on different
protocols, domains, or subdomains. You cannot use wildcards. In the example below,
the second URL could be a production URL.
- Press the Create button.
- From the resulting OAuth client dialog box, copy the Client ID and Client secret. The Client ID lets your app access enabled Google APIs.