Meaningful analytics to optimize your integration
Get the most out of Google+ Sign-In
Looking to optimize your Google+ integration? Platform Insights features analytics with in-depth data about the health of your Google+ Sign-In integration. From measuring user growth to visualizing the viral spread of interactive posts, Platform Insights helps uncover trends and optimize your integration for improved acquisition and engagement.
After you connect your app with your Google+ page, you can get analytics for your app in Google+ Platform Insights. You can measure how many of your followers and customers are signing in with Google, what’s driving your app downloads, and how users are interacting with your app over time.
Best practices for making the most of Platform Insights include:
Understand your users
Under Sign-In Activity, you can see aggregated data about how many people have signed into your app with Google. This information helps you understand the overall health of your integration.
Dig deeper into post performance
On the Interactive Posts page, you can see how users are interacting with posts on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. This can help you optimize interactive posts to gain the greatest engagement.
Optimize your integration based on user activity
Use interactive post performance data to optimize your call-to-action labels and your integration. If you see that users aren't converting through a particular call-to-action label, try another. For instance, if people aren't responding to "Buy", you could A/B test related terms such as "Purchase" or "Buy now".
Monitor installs to your Android app
When users sign in with Google, you can prompt them to instantly download your Android app. The Android app installs page in Google+ Platform Insights shows a timeline of these app installs. You can view impressions of the install prompt, installs, and success rate by day, week, and month. This data can help you optimize the placement of the "Sign in with Google" button to improve app downloads.
Set up Google+ Platform Insights for your app
To start gathering analytics on your Google+ Pages dashboard, you must connect your Google APIs Console project to your Google+ Page:
- Locate your Google+ Page's ID by visiting the
Google+ Pages dashboard:
- For the page that you want to connect to your app, click Connected services.
- On the Google APIs Console row, click Start.
- In the dialog that appears, copy your Google+ Page ID. You will use this ID to attach your Google APIs Console project to your Google+ Page.
- Close the dialog or continue through the wizard if you'd like to see a walkthrough of the following steps.
- You can keep the connected services page open. You will return to this page to approve the connection later.
- Request the connection in the Google APIs Console:
- In the Google APIs Console, select the project that you want to connect to your Google+ Page Insights by selecting Open from the drop-down menu in the left navigation bar.
- On the Overview pane, next to the Google+ Page field, click Request connection.
- In the dialog that appears, paste your Google+ Page ID. Click Request connection.
- Return to the connected services page for the project from your Google+ Pages dashboard.
- You should now see the project listed under the Google APIs Console row. Click Approve to connect your project to your Page.
Your API console project will now start sending analytics to your dashboard. A Platform Insights button is available for this project now on the Google+ Pages dashboard.