Optimizing content efficiency
The amount of data downloaded by apps continues to increase over time. To deliver great performance you must optimize data delivery as much as possible.
Critical rendering path
Optimizing the critical rendering path refers to prioritizing the display of content that relates to the current user action.
- Critical rendering path
- Constructing the Object Model
- Render-tree construction, layout, and paint
- Render blocking CSS
- Measuring the critical rendering path with Navigation Timing
- Analyzing critical rendering path performance
- Optimizing the critical rendering path
- PageSpeed rules and recommendations
Users notice if sites and apps don't run well, so optimizing rendering performance is crucial!
In this codelab, you will learn how to identify and fix web app performance bottlenecks.
Understand low bandwidth and high latency
It's important to understand what your app or site feels like when connectivity is poor or unreliable, and build accordingly. A range of tools can help you.