Select one of the following protocols to learn more about the prerequisites for its integration process.
This section outlines the prerequisites to start the integration process with the Private Label Card (PLC) protocol:
- Sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with Google. This click-to-accept online form is shared by Google's business development team.
- Support an account-based system. The PLC acts only as a unique account identifier on the phone to the backend account.
- Have a transit agency app that can issue a transit card. Google Wallet doesn't support direct creation of PLCs within Google Wallet.
- Engage with Mastercard as a Token Service provider (TSP) and agree to their terms and conditions.
- Support Offline Device Authentication of the fare validators and terminals. This lets the user tap on the terminal even if the terminal is offline at the time of tap.
- Confirm that your fare validators and terminals are EMV Level 3 certified.
- Ensure that your Android-powered phones have Google Play services version 20.0.0 or later.
- Adhere to our Terms of Service guidelines and the Google Play developer policy for payments.
If you meet all of these prerequisite requirements, fill out the Interest form for Google Wallet Transit.