The Vault API lets you manage:
- Matters—each matter is a container for all of the data related to a specific case or investigation. A matter includes:
- Saved search queries
- A list of accounts with data on hold
- A list of the accounts that can access the matter
- Export sets for the matter
- An audit trail for the matter
- Holds—allow you to preserve messages and files indefinitely to meet legal or preservation obligations. If a user who's subject to a hold deletes data, it's removed from the user's view, but the data is preserved in Vault. As long as the hold is in place, you can search and export that data.
- Saved queries—you can use the API to create, read, and delete search queries. You can re-run a saved query to data that changed since the last the query was run. You can also copy saved queries and reuse them in other matters.
- Exports—create, list, download, and delete Vault exports.
To work with Vault resources, the account must have the required Vault privileges and access to the matter. To access a matter, the account must have created the matter, have the matter shared with them, or have the View All Matters privilege. For example, to download an export, an account needs the Manage Exports privilege and the matter shared with them.