img2webp -- Create animated WebP file from a sequence of input images.
img2webp [file_level_options] [files] [per_frame_options...]
img2webp compresses a sequence of images using the animated WebP format. Input
images can either be PNG, JPEG, TIFF or WebP. If a single file name (not
starting with the character '-') is supplied as the argument, the command line
argument are actually tokenized from this file. This allows for easy scripting
or using large number of arguments.
The file-level options are applied at the beginning of the compression process, before the input frames are read.
- Specify the name of the output WebP file.
- Encode images to achieve smallest size. This disables key frame insertion
and picks the parameters resulting in smallest output for each frame. It
uses lossless compression by default, but can be combined with
- Specify the minimum and maximum distance between consecutive key frames (independently decodable frames) in the output animation. The tool will insert some key frames into the output animation as needed so that this criteria is satisfied.
- Mixed compression mode: optimize compression of the image by picking either
lossy or lossless compression for each frame heuristically. This global
option disables the local option
- Specifies the number of times the animation should loop. Using
0means 'loop indefinitely'.
- Be more verbose.
- A short usage summary.
- Print the version numbers of the relevant libraries used.
The per-frame options are applied for the images following as arguments in the command line. They can be modified any number of times preceding each particular input image.
- Specify the image duration in milliseconds.
- Compress the next image(s) using lossless or lossy compression mode. The default mode is lossless.
- Specify the compression factor between 0 and 100. The default is 75.
- Specify the compression method to use. This parameter controls the trade off between encoding speed and the compressed file size and quality. Possible values range from 0 to 6. Default value is 4.
Please report all bugs to the issue tracker: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp
Patches welcome! See this page to get started: http://www.webmproject.org/code/contribute/submitting-patches/
img2webp -loop 2 in0.png -lossy in1.jpg -d 80 in2.tiff -o out.webp
img2webp is a part of
libwebp and was written by the WebP team. The latest
source tree is available at https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp
This manual page was written by Pascal Massimino email@example.com for the Debian project (and may be used by others).