PageSpeed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile and desktop devices. It fetches the url twice, once with a mobile user-agent, and once with a desktop user-agent.
PageSpeed Insights checks to see if a page has applied common performance best practices and provides a score, which ranges from 0 to 100 points, and falls into one of the following three categories:
- Good: The page applies most performance best practices and should deliver a good user experience.
- Needs work: The page is missing some common performance optimizations that may result in a slow user experience. Please investigate the recommendations below.
- Poor: The page is not optimized and is likely to deliver a slow user experience. Please prioritize and apply the recommendations below.
Please note that PageSpeed Insights is being continually improved, to account for new performance best practices, and the provided score will change over time. A high score is correlated with a fast user experience but does not guarantee it. Learn more.
PageSpeed Insights measures how the page can improve its performance on:
- time to above-the-fold load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page and to the moment the above-the-fold content is rendered by the browser.
- time to full page load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page to the moment the page is fully rendered by the browser.