Describe your data to enable powerful visualizations
DSPL is the Dataset Publishing Language, a representation language for the data and metadata of datasets. Datasets described in this format can be processed by Google and visualized in the Google Public Data Explorer.
- Use existing data: Just add an XML metadata file to your existing CSV data files
- Powerful visualizations: Unleash the full capabilities of the Google Public Data Explorer, including the animated bar chart, motion chart, and map visualization
- Linkable concepts: Link to concepts in other datasets or create your own that others can use
- Multi-language: Create datasets with metadata in any combination of languages
- Geo-enabled: Make your data mappable by adding latitude and longitude data to your concept definitions. For even easier mapping, link to Google's canonical geographic concepts.
- Fully open: Freely use the DSPL format in your own applications