The Device Access program is built on a foundation of privacy and security. To create a commercial offering that integrates Google Nest products into your apps, solutions, and smart home ecosystem, partners must go through a certification process. This process gives our users the confidence that partners offering integrated Nest solutions have the right data protections and safeguards in place that meet our privacy and security standards.
The first step in becoming a Commercial partner is to apply for Commercial Development by submitting a use case to Nest for assessment.
Submit an application
The Commercial Development application provides Nest with the following information:
- How you'll integrate Nest products into your ecosystem
- How users will engage with your solution(s)
- What Nest devices you want to access
- The expected number of users
Apply in the Device Access Console, using the Apply for Commercial Development button on your project's information screen:
An email confirming receipt of the application will be sent to the Google account to which your project is registered, and your project will be tagged as Application in review . The Nest team will review your application and provide email approval or denial.
If approved, your project will move into the Commercial Development stage and you will be provided with the steps for Device Access certification.
Certification for Commercial Production
Partners accepted for Commercial Development must go through a certification process to reach the Commercial Production stage, where they can officially offer integrated Nest solutions to their users.
To be approved for Commercial Production, partners must:
- Comply with Google security assessment requirements, which may include security audits specified by Google from time to time.
- Agree to our Trusted Tester Agreement (TTA) and be certified for pilot testing, which comes with increases in user and rate limits over the default Sandbox limits.
- Go through a final product review before public launch.