The following describes the details of the Reserve with Google integration process that are unique to the retail vertical.
Follow the standard high-level integration process outlined in the end-to-end integration guide.
Review retail policies for merchant/ service eligibility and pricing policies.
Key Retail Guidance
Please follow the below guidance for the retail integration:
- Feeds: Retail inventory will be automatically categorized by Google via Google My
Business merchant categories. Please reach out to your merchants to ensure their Google My
Business listings accurately reflect their
- Sharding feed files: If availability feeds are very large, consider sharding or compressing the files beforehand.
- Sample Retail Feeds
- Services feed: To ensure retail inventory servability, ensure
price_interpretationis set to
NOT_DISPLAYEDfor retail services that do no have a price. Do not set a
- Availability feed: Set
spots_totalequivalent to the capacity in store with a recommended capacity buffer. Please account for capacity limitations and how there may be multiple people within each booking party and how the average shopping time might affect capacity.
- Booking Server:
- Implement the standard booking server integration
- Retail inventory does not require a payment integration because prices are not displayed.
- Real-time updates:
- Structuring Real-Time Updates
- It is recommended to use spots_open / spots_total to reflect available booking slots.
Optional Retail Features
Below is a list of features that are compatible with the retail integration. None of these are required, but many will be necessary to make sure Reserve with Google follows your company’s business logic when serving your inventory:
- Adding additional request box: This can be used if merchants would like to capture user notes at booking time (e.g. inform merchant of reason for visit).
- online services: If your inventory includes virtual inventory (e.g. “Book a virtual shopping consultation”, follow the tutorial steps and please review the online services policy.