Thank you for using the Interpreter Mode API and related provisioning tool (the "Interpreter Mode API").
- Applicable Terms.
- Interpreter Mode Terms. By accessing or using the Interpreter Mode API, you are agreeing to the Google APIs Terms of Service at https://developers.google.com/terms (or such other URL as Google may provide) and these Interpreter Mode API Additional Terms (the "Interpreter Mode Additional Terms"). The Google APIs Terms of Service and Interpreter Mode Additional Terms are referred to together as the "Terms".
- Other Terms. If at any time your services use other Google products or services ("Other Google Product(s)"), then the terms for those Other Google Product(s) will also apply. For example, if your Interpreter Mode API-configured device is a Google Nest Hub, the Google Terms of Service at https://policies.google.com/terms (or such other URL as Google may provide) apply in addition to these Terms. The use of third-party products or services is subject to their applicable terms.
- Order of Precedence. To the extent there are any conflicts, the
following order of precedence applies:
- Other Google Product(s)' terms of service:
- other agreements between the parties covering the same subject;
- any developer documentation, instructions, or policies related to the Interpreter Mode API ("Interpreter Mode Policies and Documentation") as Google may provide from time to time, including at https://developers.google.com/home/smart-device-management
- all other Interpreter Mode Additional Terms; and
- Google APIs Terms of Service.
- Authorization. You represent and warrant that you are the owner for the place of business or premises where Interpreter Mode API-configured devices ("Interpreter Mode Devices") are being deployed (or have been authorized by such owner to deploy such Interpreter Mode Devices), and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- Compliance with Policies and Documentation. You must
comply at all times with the Interpreter Mode Policies and Documentation (if
- only using approved Interpreter Mode Devices;
- only configuring approved Interpreter Mode Devices as outlined in any Interpreter Mode Policies and Documentation made available to you; and
- only using approved Interpreter Mode Devices for uses and locations permitted in the Interpreter Mode Policies and Documentation, or otherwise approved by Google.
- Testing and Approval. Google may require you to submit your API client implementation to Google for approval prior to you making your Interpreter Mode Device publicly available. Any material updates may also be required to be submitted to Google for approval prior to public use.
- Security and Audit. Google reserves the right to investigate your API client implementation for compliance with the Terms.
- Interpreter Mode Devices.
- You or your personnel must end the Interpreter Mode Device's translation session and use of the Interpreter Mode Device if a user indicates they do not want to use the Interpreter Mode Device.
- You or your personnel must place Interpreter Mode Devices prominently in front of users (with screen or LED lights facing the user), and must not obstruct view of the Interpreter Mode Device, including LED lights.
- You or your personnel must be one of the participants in any translation conversation.
- Devices must not be used for any medical, health, or life-threatening situation (for example, translating allergens or medications is prohibited).
- Devices must not be placed at any location where they are likely to be exposed to Protected Health Information (as defined under the U.S. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended).
- Device Images. You represent and warrant that you have the right to use any images uploaded through the Interpreter Mode API for display on the Interpreter Mode Device. Google may sometimes review such images to determine whether it is infringing (or otherwise illegal) or violates Google's policies or Terms, and Google may refuse to display such images.