This page lists the major changes in Add-on functionality, behavior, or development. It is intended to help developers identify recent changes in behavior.
For older changes, see the release notes for 2018-2019.
January 14, 2020
G Suite Add-ons have been launched. G Suite add-ons are the latest generation of add-ons, and build on the original Gmail add-ons infrastructure. G Suite add-ons provide a variety of new features, including:
- The ability to extend Gmail, Calendar, and Drive—all from a single add-on!
- Homepage interfaces that provide an initial start point for the add-on and non-contextual interfaces.
- Contextual interactions that allow G Suite add-ons to automatically react when user opens a Gmail message, composes a new draft message, edits a Calendar event, or selects files and folders in Google Drive.
- The ability to create client-independent interfaces using Apps Script's Card service, including new widgets like Date and Time pickers.
- The ability to publish G Suite add-ons to the G Suite Marketplace.
- ... and more.
With the launch of G Suite add-ons, Gmail add-ons have been deprecated. You can still use existing Gmail add-ons, but they are effectively just G Suite add-ons that only extend Gmail. If you have Gmail add-ons you've developed, you can upgrade them into G Suite add-ons to take advantage of the new features.