What is the Google APIs Discovery Service?
You can use the Google APIs Discovery Service to build client libraries, IDE plugins and other tools that interact with these APIs. It provides a lightweight, JSON-based API that exposes machine-readable metadata about Google APIs including:
- A directory of supported APIs.
- A machine-readable "Discovery document" for each of the supported APIs that includes:
- A list of API resource schemas based on JSON Schema.
- A list of API methods and available parameters for each method.
- A list of available OAuth 2.0 scopes.
- Inline documentation of methods, parameters and available parameter values.