Publishing your visualization will allow all Data Studio users to easily find your visualization in the Data Studio gallery. Visualizations in the gallery will be considered for additional promotion and publicity, including inclusion in the Data Studio newsletter.
You must manage and update your own deployment of the code.
You must include the following in your visualization manifest. View the manifest reference for more information about each property.
- Make sure the
descriptionis specific and grammatically correct. Provide all information and instructions necessary for a basic understanding of the visualization and how to use it. For example:
- Are there constraints on the data being visualized?
- Does the visualization expect that you use a particular data source?
supportUrlshould be a page where users can get support for your visualization, preferably hosted on your own website. This cannot be an email or mailto link.
falsein order to enable caching and provide the best possible latency experience for users.
components.iconUrlshould link to images with an aspect ratio of 3:4 (height:width).
- Additionally, the manifest should contain valid values for:
- The manifest
components.namefor each component should be directly representative of what the visualization is. This makes the purpose of the visualization clear, and helps users to find the right visualization for their need.
- Create at least one demo report using your visualization. Ensure that the report sharing option is set to On - Public on the web.
- All attached data sources must be set to use Owner's Credentials.
- The report will be shared publicly, so we recommend that you use a sample dataset. Do not include sensitive data, or data you do not have permission to share.
- We recommend that you include the following information in your report
- Community Visualization title
- Author/company name (optional)
- A description of the visualization
- Any links or required attributions
- Your visualization cannot be unfinished or in beta.
- Adhere to the Data Studio Galleries Terms of Service(Submitter).
Once you have met all the requirements, click the following button to request a review for your visualization:
Remove your published visualization
To remove your Community Visualization from the gallery, send a removal request to email@example.com.