Here you can download the APIs that will enable your application to "cast" content to a large display connected to a Google Cast receiver device.
- The Google Cast Developer's Guide for set-up and guidelines in using the APIs.
- The Google Cast API References for a complete description of the APIs.
Terms of service
By accessing the download links below, you indicate that you have read and accepted Google Cast SDK Additional Developer Terms of Service.
Sender API libraries
- Android Sender API
To set up your Android project, you need to:
- Add the Google Play services library to your project. For setup instructions, read Set Up Google Play Services SDK.
- Add the v7 mediarouter library to your project. This library provides the framework and UI components that allow your app to select the Google Cast media route. For setup instructions, read Support Library Setup and be sure you follow the section about Adding libraries with resources.
- iOS Sender API
To set up your iOS project, download the iOS Sender API libraries.
- 32-bit only support currently
- iOS version 6 and later supported
- Chrome Sender API
To use the Chrome Sender API, include
https://www.gstatic.com/cv/js/sender/v1/cast_sender.jsin your Chrome page. The API requires at least Chrome 32 and at version 22.214.171.124 or higher of the Cast Extension.
Receiver API libary
The receiver API is available from the receiver application once you register your receiver(s) and device(s) for development. To use the API, include
https://www.gstatic.com/cast/sdk/libs/receiver/2.0.0/cast_receiver.js in your receier application.
Download the Cast Icons for Android & iOS
Note - The icons are also included as part of the Android Support Library as part of the v7 mediarouter library.
- Download the Google Cast Icons for Adobe Illustrator
Some sample apps to help you get started are available on GitHub. The Android SDK includes 2 samples apps under Google Play services extras.