This newsletter follows each Business Messages Office Hours meeting, summarizing news from Google and from our brand and partner ecosystem.
- Bridging the gap between businesses and customers with conversational commerce
- How Conversational Messaging Will Shape Customer Experience
M&A activity and funding:
Top questions of the week
With the bot feedback feature, are the actions (Message a live agent and Call) configurable?
No they are not, but we are looking into removing the call button as a required action if you have live agents available.
Is it possible to completely disable the automated survey?
No, the survey is required for conversations started from an organic Google entry point.
Is there a plan to support the .NET programming language?
Not at this time, but you can always use .NET by calling our APIs directly. In the future, we hope to support .NET client libraries as well as other popular programming languages beyond the ones we support today.
If you have more questions please contact support or ask them at the next Office Hours.
Free, 1 hour training session!
Sign up here and learn about how we leverage the principles of natural human conversation in Business Messages. This conversational design training session is taking place on Sept 29th.
Business Communications UX Research Opt-in
Are you interested in participating in research studies related to Google Business Communications? If so, please opt-in here!
Help Center and Community now available!
- The Help Center provides searchable answers to common questions and explains basic concepts of Business Messages
- Use the Help Community to ask questions and share knowledge
- The Help Community is replacing our Slack channel, which will be deprecated next quarter
Optional Business Messages agent logo
- You are now able to launch Business Messages agents without a logo. We will automatically provide a default logo for all agents. We strongly recommend providing a logo when possible as this helps to establish trust with consumers and increase engagement.
GMB location synchronization
- The Chat button for a launched business will now automatically be synchronized with the verification status of the GMB location.
- If a location becomes unverified in GMB for 24 hours, the Chat button will disappear until the location becomes verified again
Coming September 22nd, bot message feedback!
- Get insights into how your messages are performing.
- Configure negative response feedback within the Agent configuration!
Partner Logo Updates
- Have your logo added to the Business Messages Partner page if you've launched a 3P agent!
- This page is updated on the 10th of every month. Send your logo to firstname.lastname@example.org in a *.png file format the prior month to be added.
Agent of the week
Congrats to Gulf Air, built by Pypestream!
- Friendly welcome message helps set expectations
- Chips and cards guide users to resolution
- Addresses key user journeys
Want to be featured in Agent of the week? Fill out this form.
Where in the world?
Come say hello!
- Khoros Engage Live with Khoros - Sept 14, 2021
- Dreamforce with 1440 - Sept 21-23, 2021
- White Label Expo - Sept 2, 2021
- White Label Expo - Sept 30, 2021
- Cloud Next - October 12-14, 2021
- Digital Summit - October 16, 2021
- SHSMD - October 20, 2021