Knowing your way around your development tools is key to becoming a performance expert. Colt stepped through the three pillars of performance: network, compute and render, providing a tour of the key problem in each area and the tools available for finding and eradicating them.
- You can now profile Chrome on Android with the DevTools you know and love from desktop.
- The iteration loop for performance work is: gather data, achieve insight, take action.
- Prioritize assets that are on the critical rendering path for your pages.
- Avoid painting; it’s super expensive.
- Avoid memory churn and executing code during critical times in your app.