Users will be accessing your sites and services from a multitude of devices with a wide range of different accessibility requirements. By using the correct semantic elements and correct ARIA roles you help give the browser and assistive technology a much improved understanding of your page.
Key ways to understand and address a11y issues
- Ensure you have a good keyboard-only user experience
- Express the semantics of your interface with correct element choice and ARIA
- Use ChromeVox on desktop and TalkBack on Android to test.
- Try the Accessibility Developer Tools Chrome extension
- A more diverse audience is getting online, which further amplifies the need of making your sites accessible