- Using Location Hash To Enable BACK/FORWARD Navigation - June 2011
- Improve user experience in your web app by enabling the ability for users to trigger browser BACK/FORWARD events to navigate between app states. Learn how to do this in both HTML and ActionScript3.
- Hybrid Apps - Native Features in a Web App - March 2013
- This article goes through a sample application to demonstrate native video playback controlled by a web app. You will learn how to communicate between native and web apps and be able to add in your own native functionality.
Partners & Developers
- NET-A-PORTER TV for Google TV: From Concept to Build - March 2011
- NET-A-PORTER.COM is the first online fashion retailer to build a 10-foot web application for Google TV. Take a deeper dive into the history, concepts, and challenges behind this project as written directly by our partners who developed NET-A-PORTER TV. This article covers everything from initial concepts to video production considerations and contains interesting topics for developers, designers, and producers.
Google TV jQuery UI Library
- Using Google TV jQuery UI Library Controls - January 2011
- A tutorial on using a few of the controls from the new Google TV jQuery UI Library. Walks you through building a photo viewing page with a scrolling thumbnail bar, filled in from a live Picasa feed. Includes sample implementations.
- Using Google TV jQuery UI Library Key Navigation - January 2011
- All about the keyboard navigation support in the Google TV jQuery UI Library. Explains what it can do, with code examples and a detailed discussion of its capabilities.
Google TV Closure UI Library
- Introduction to Closure-based Google TV UI library - March 2011
- Rationale behind building library focusing TV interfaces.
- Getting started with Closure-based Google TV UI library - March 2011
- Introduces the process of using the TV UI Closure library in a web page.
- Your first page with Closure-based Google TV UI library - March 2011
- Code walk how to create simple page using Closure based Google TV UI library.
- Writing custom components - March 2011
- How to write custom component.
- D-Pad Navigable Registration Form Using Google TV Closure UI Library - October 2011
- We show how to implement a D-Pad navigable registration form using the Google TV Closure UI Library for optimized experience on Google TV.
Google TV UI Templates
- Google TV UI Templates, AJAX, and PHP/MySQL April 2011
- This article demonstrates how to dynamically load video content from a backend database when using Google TV UI Templates. We show step-by-step how to implement AJAX calls with the Google TV HTML5 Templates, and how to dynamically fetch videos and meta data from a MySQL database using PHP.