The Google Interactive Media Ads (IMA) SDKs enable publishers to display linear, non-linear, and companion ads in videos and games.
IMA SDKs provide a set of APIs to developers to:
- Make video ad requests to DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), the Google AdSense network, or any VAST-compliant ad server.
- Interpret the ad responses.
- Report metrics to the ad servers.
If the IMA SDKs are used on properties running ads that collect Active View metrics, those metrics will be collected through the IMA SDKs to reduce latency.
The IMA SDKs Quick Start guides explain how to use the SDKs to display interactive media ads, such as pre-rolls and overlays, within video content players. You need to know:
Who uses IMA SDKs?
- DFP users
Use IMA SDKs to serve video ads.
- AdSense for Video (AFV) ads and AdSense for Games (AFG) ads
Use IMA SDKs.
- Publishers using VAST ads from a third-party ad server
Book their VAST ads in DFP and use the IMA SDKs to request and display them.
- AdExchange for Video
Uses IMA SDKs.
If you are already using a video player created by one of our technology partners, you should be able to make ad calls to DFP and AdSense without needing to re-implement your player to work with the IMA SDKs. Contact your technology partner for more details.