Before you start integrating Smart Lock for Passwords into your app, enable the Play Services SDK in your Android Studio project. Next steps describes how to integrate Smart Lock for Passwords into your app.
Smart Lock for Passwords on Android requires the following:
- A compatible Android device that runs Android 4.1 or newer and includes the Google Play Store or an emulator with an AVD that runs the Google APIs platform based on Android 4.2.2 or newer and has Google Play services version 15.0.0 or newer.
- The latest version of the Android SDK, including the SDK Tools component. The SDK is available from the Android SDK Manager in Android Studio.
- A project configured to compile against Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or newer.
- The Google Play services SDK:
- In Android Studio, select Tools > Android > SDK Manager.
- Scroll to the bottom of the package list and select Extras > Google Repository. The package is downloaded to your computer and installed in your SDK environment at android-sdk-folder/extras/google/google_play_services.
This guide is written for users of Android Studio, which is the recommended development environment.
Configure your Android Studio project
Integrating Smart Lock for Passwords in your Android
app requires you to import and reference the Google Play services library in
your Android Studio project. Add the following line to the
section of the
build.gradle file in your application module:
Now that you have configured your project, you can retrieve user credentials and use them to sign users in your app.