One tap sign-up and auto sign-in works in the following browser and platform combinations:
As the library is security sensitive, only the latest 2 versions of each browser is officially supported.
The client library is not guaranteed to work on any other browser or platform;
we will only respond to issues outside these supported combinations if loading
the library prevents a client page from operating normally. Non-supported
environments will always reject with a
retrieve() always reject with
- Has your service been reviewed for API access? If you see the warning
The client origin is not permitted to use this API, your service has not yet been accepted to the beta. New sign-ups to this beta are currently closed. We are improving the API's cross-browser functionality and will provide updates here in the coming months.
- Have you whitelisted your app's domain in the client? Go to the
of Google APIs console, and select the OAuth Client ID used. It should
contain your app's origin (
- Do you have a Google Account signed in? Go to https://accounts.google.com if not and sign in with one of your accounts.
- Have you enabled Smart Lock for passwords for the account? Visit https://passwords.google.com to verify this.
- Are you using an old browser or platform? If you're using a browser's emulation mode, make sure you're emulating a recent browser, and not the browser that shipped with e.g. an iPhone 6. Only recent browsers and platforms are supported, see above.
retrieve() never resolve nor fail
The UI is rendered within an
iframe element positioned using CSS.
Make sure that your own CSS does not render
iframe elements outside of the
page (for instance using absolute positioning).