- Concluded the developer preview. See The Year in Data Studio Community Connectors for a reflection on 2018!
- Updated error handling and debugging guides with new error handling functionality.
DS_USERprefix for throwing user-facing errors. Will be removed in June 2019.
- Added support for the
USER_TOKENauthentication type. See Authentication and Authorization for details.
helpUrlcan be set for
AuthTypes. This optional url can be provided to give users more details on how to authenticate the connector.
- Added support to force viewer's credentials for data sources created from a
community connector. See the
forceViewersCredentialskey in the manifest reference
- Fixed an issue where
resetAuth()wasn't being called when a connector was removed from the gallery.
- Added the option to hide a field. See
- Added Apps Script Service. This service provides builders for creating a config and schema, and has helper functions for many common connector patterns. See announcement for details on new features and how to migrate.
- Updated Using calculated fields to clarify that a
$must be prepended before names of fields in formulas.
- Enhanced error handling. Error messages are now shown to users for errors
that happen during the execution of
getAuthType. See error handling and messages for additional details.
- The Community Connector Gallery has been moved and is now available at https://datastudio.google.com/data.
- Clarified OSCC requirements.
- Added functionality to connector links. Connector configuration can now be populated through query parameters. See Creating A Pre-Populated Link for details.
- Added support for
KEYauthentication. See Authentication for details.
- Added parameters support to the connector configuration. If enabled by the data source creator, config entries can be changed after data source configuration. See Overriding connector parameters in reports for details.
Added support for new metadata for schema fields.
Added detail to Data types and semantic types to explain how to manually define semantic types.
- Developer Launch for Data Studio Community Connectors!