This page describes changes and exciting new features of the Google Chart API.
- Chart wizard - We've created a new chart wizard that will help you design charts without fiddling with URL parameters!
Report bugs and feature requests to the email@example.com mailing list.
- Documentation revised:
- Documented all chart types on separate pages
- Added a new page listing all chart parameters
- Chart playground added
- Some terminology changes:
- Financial markers are now called candlestick markers
- Text encoding is now called basic text format
- Data sets are now called data series
- New formula images added
- New chart URLs supported ([0-9].chart.googleapis.com)
- New dynamic icons added
- data point marker
- New annotation marker added (chm=A)
- New error bar marker added (chm=E)
- New horizontal line fixed to a specific point (chm=H)
- New box charts, also called box plots
- Now support commas in the text string
- Anchor placement now available for data value markers.
- Underscore ( _ ) now means null in text encoding
- Charts now support POST requests
- Axis labels now support custom formatting
- Scatterplots now support a trace line marker
- Multiple output formats now supported, including PNG, GIF, JPG, and validation mode