Before you can make verified calls to users, you need to register as a partner with Verified Calls. As a partner, you can create agents for brands that you manage and verify calls through those agents.
To register as a partner, you create a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) project to manage your agents and enable the Business Calls API, then submit information about your project. You only need to create a single GCP project to manage all of your Verified Calls agents.
Before you get started, you need the following:
- Your Verified Calls Google account (the email address you use to access the partner registration form)
- Partner name
Create a Google Cloud project
- Sign in to Google Cloud Platform with your Verified Calls Google account.
Create a new project.
Enter your partner name for Project name, then click Create.
In Project info, note the Project Number value.
You'll need this value to register your GCP project.
Submit your information
To register with Verified Calls, fill out the following form. You'll receive an email once Google registers you as a partner and enables API access, which can take up to three days.
Store important information
When Google registers you as a partner, Google sends you a verification email with your partner information, including a Project Number.
Enable the Business Calls API
Once you receive confirmation from Google that you're registered as a partner, you can enable the Business Calls API to verify calls and the Business Communications API to register brands and agents.
- Open the Business Calls API in the API Library.
- Click Enable, and agree to the Verified Calls Terms of Service.
- Open Business Communications API in the API Library.
- Click Enable.
Create access credentials
Once you've enabled the API, you can create access credentials.
When you register calls with Verified Calls, you use a service account key to verify your API requests. When making API calls, service account keys generate temporary authentication tokens for enhanced security.
To create a service account key,
- Open Service accounts.
- Click Create service account.
- For Service account name, enter your agent's name, then click Create and continue.
- For Select a role, choose Project > Editor, then click Continue.
- Click Done.
- On the Service accounts page, click the three-dot menu for Actions and select Manage keys.
- Click Add key and select Create new key.
For Key type, select JSON, and click Create.
Your browser downloads the service account key.
Now that you're a registered partner and have access to the Business Calls API, you can create agents to represent the brands that you make calls for.