BigQuery limits the maximum rate of incoming requests and enforces appropriate quotas on a per-project basis. Specific policies vary depending on resource availability, user profile, service usage history, and other factors, and are subject to change without notice.
The lists below outline the current rate limits and quota limits of the system.
Concurrent rate limit (applies to interactive queries only): 1 TB of concurrent queries + 1 additional query of unlimited size, up to 20 concurrent queries. Queries that return cached results do not count against this limit.
- Daily limit (shared between interactive and batch queries): 20,000 queries. Queries that return cached results do count against this limit.
- Maximum query length: 256 KB1
- Maximum response size: 128 MB compressed2 (unlimited when returning large query results)
1Approximate size based on compression ratios.
2Sizes vary depending on compression ratios for the data; the actual response size may be significantly larger than 128 MB.
The following limits apply for loading data into BigQuery.
- Daily limit: 1,000 load jobs per table per day (including failures), 10,000 load jobs per project per day (including failures)
- Maximum File Sizes:
File Type Compressed Uncompressed CSV 1 GB
- With new-lines in strings: 4 GB
- Without new-lines in strings: 1 TB
JSON 1 GB 1 TB
- Maximum size per load job: 1 TB across all input files
- Maximum number of files per load job: 10,000
- There are several additional limits that are specific to BigQuery's supported data formats. For more information, see preparing data for BigQuery.
The following limits apply for exporting data from BigQuery.
- Daily Limit: 1,000 exports per day, up to 10 TB
The following limits apply for streaming data into BigQuery.
- Maximum row size: 20 KB
- Maximum data size of all rows, per insert: 1 MB
- Maximum rows per second: 10,000 rows per second, per table. Exceeding this amount will cause
quota_exceedederrors. For additional support up to 100,000 rows per second, per table, please contact a sales representative.
- Maximum bytes per second: 10 MB per second, per table. Exceeding this amount will cause
- API requests per second: 10. If you make more than 10 API requests per second, throttling might occur.