The test suite for smart home is a web application that allows you to self-test your smart home Action. The test suite automatically generates and runs test cases based on the devices and traits associated with your account. When you complete the tests, you can view the test results or fill in the submission form to submit the test results to Google.
The tests executed by the test suite include, but are not limited to, the following:
Verifies that the QUERY intent is implemented for your device and its results match Report State results.
You can launch the test suite tool by clicking the button below:
Self-test your Action
The following section describes how to run the test suite on your device and smart home Action project. The test suite requires you to sign in so that it can inspect devices in your Home Graph and send commands directly to Google Assistant.
To self-test your Action, follow these steps:
- In your web browser, open the test suite for smart home.
Sign-in to Google using the top-right corner button.
Configure the Project Details:
- In the Project ID field, enter your the project identifier for your smart home Action.
- Click Next.
Configure Test Settings:
- If certifying your smart home Action, leave the default Report State/Request Sync Timeout value unchanged. However, for testing, you may change the timeout value if your agent takes more time to report state to Home Graph.
If certifying your smart home Action, make sure the Test Request Sync option is enabled—during testing, you will be prompted to add, update, or remove a device and check if the device list has changed in Home Graph. Change actions take place through the integration you are testing. Your integration under test must always have at least one device attached to the agent user.
If you are using a Scene trait, select Test Scene trait.
Perform a Test Run and view results:
- Click Next to start running tests. The interface shows the devices and traits that are being tested.
View the Results & Submission page:
- Once the tests are complete, click Next to view the results.
The test results include the number of tests passed and failed, and a final score indicating percentage of passes.
The following table lists some common error messages you may encounter and the suggested way to resolve them.
|Error Message||How to Resolve|
|HomeGraph API has not been used in project <_id_> before or it is disabled||Make sure that you have enabled the HomeGraph API.|
|Requested Entity not found||Check that your
Submit test results
Your test suite results must pass 100% of tests before submitting your certification form. If you have any traits that require manual testing, you should still run the test suite tool and attach the result even if it has not passed at 100%.
To submit your test results and certify your smart home Action, follow these steps:
- After you receive your test results and you are ready to certify your smart home Action, click Submit in the test suite tool.
- Click the DOWNLOAD TEST RESULTS button to retrieve your test results.
- Click the GO TO SUBMISSION FORM to submit the test results to Google.
Fill out all of the required fields, then click Submit.